Posted on June 2, 2020 by Scott Pickus
Using Window-facing Digital Signage Effectively in a COVID-19 Environment
From retailers to restaurants, just about every business has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in one way or another. In today’s rapidly changing environment, the case for digital signage becomes exceedingly clear as business owners are looking to connect with customers in new, dynamic, and meaningful ways.
Social distancing has become an increasing trend in today’s atmosphere. In many places, it is a requirement. Retailers may be limiting how many customers are allowed to enter a store location at a given time to prevent over-congestion. Customers may have to wait in lines just to enter the store to find that what they are looking to purchase is sold out.
Digital signage can be used effectively to ease some of the confusion and frustration around these restrictions. For example, a high bright LCD placed in a window could be updated in real-time to display:
- The remaining number of members allowed to enter a gym or retail store due to capacity limitations.
- Inform customers of essential supply inventory. This could be especially helpful for customers queueing to enter a retail location and prevent crowds from forming for supplies that are not in stock.
- Promoting and educating customers about new products related to pandemic needs. many new products are made to cope with this crucial time.
- Corporate or government messages related to the pandemic such as reminders to wear face masks and maintain physical distance with others.
- Digital associates are able to greet customers as they walk by using digital signage instead of a human employee. Not only can this be more cost-effective than stationing an employee by the entrance, but it also offers a social-distancing-friendly medium that is consistent and accurate.
Dynamic window-facing signage cannot be achieved with posters and banners, and most digital displays are simply not suited for viewing in sunlight.
Designed to be visible in direct sunlight, DynaScan ultra-high brightness displays are specifically for window-facing messaging and digital advertising. Available in a variety of sizes ranging from 32-inches to 85-inches, with brightness ratings as high as 7,000 nits, DynaScan displays are some of the highest performing digital displays on the market.